Tuesday, October 5, 2010

because I am so decided to cook champorado for office breakfast tomorrow

tomorrow's breakfast could be a gourmet version of pinoy champorado. well i am definitely not trying to impress my officemates with my so-called cooking skills (of which i have none), but because Rustan's Fresh Greenbelt 1 failed to produce traditional tsokolate tablea, i'd have to make do with the only substitute available: semi-sweetened chocolate chips. Also, I was curious with the vanilla pods, and how it would probably go well with the choco chips so i bought them. And I was even thinking of using arborio rice (well while at it might as well step up the game right?) but it was P300.00 a box so I decided to buy malagkit rice instead.

I searched the net for some recipes using tablea substitutes and found that folks who reside outside of Pinas use store-bought cocoa powder; so I was thinking, probably Ricoa would work? Or my Cadbury Hot Choco Powder? Or the Ghirardelli in gold canister, which my mom keeps hidden at the back of our cupboard? Or probably put some Nutella in it too?

excited much? yeah.

hope i could pull this off. teeheeeeeee.

in other news: I was told that Tumblr is wayyyy better than Blogger, and that Blogger is on its course to a slow death. This might mean a very, very short blogging stint using my current platform. Let's see. :)

1 comment:

  1. a) there are tablea's in rustan's. andun sa may gitna sa may tapat ng mga bread, if i remembered it correctly.

    b) we never used tablea when my mom was making champorado, we always had the powdered choco thing.

    c) tumblr is so overrated (trust me, i have an account) and it is swarming with kids who cant decide if they want to be hipsters or tumblr famous or slutty or just sometimes stupid. lol

    and and and! my blog hasnt been updated in weeks. lol

    ReplyDelete