Saturday, October 9, 2010

from arigato-gozaimazu to nihao-ma

I highly anticipated dinner tonight at Yaki-Mix, and for P500, I probably had the best grilled king oyster, shiitake, enokitake mushrooms I've ever had in a long time, not to mention unlimited platters of shake sashimi. My foodie bosses (all baffey beterans themselves) were knowledgeable of which items belong to the must-try category, and boy, our 8-1030 pm stay at Yaki-Mix had been a grill session of prawns, mushrooms, fruits, fish and shellfish (kebs kami sa ibang dish).

That's the orig branch at T. Morato, I believe. No, we had dinner in Greenbelt. I wanted a picture to go with the blog entry, so I got that photo from kathmadula.com.

Yaki-Mix's check marks for me are:
1. Yay for yakitori buffet!
2. Yay for unlimited sashimi! (think: 6 thin slices of maguro/shake sashimi at Little Tokyo: P350 [I was in Little Tokyo last wednesday with my online marketing wiz/relationship therapy patient and I made him try out the salmon, but of course, it costs a lot more than the P500 "average" salmon at YakiMix])

X-marks are:
1. Long lines (hyped masyado, also, "bago")
2. Quantity over quality
3. The desserts are a fail (eh sana japanese din ang desserts noh? wala bang mochi? daifuku? yokan? anything with anko? kahit kakigori? Hindi halatang Goldilocks at Red Ribbon? Ang tanong eh, alam ba ng mga brands na yan ang "tie-up" nyo?)
4. Teh sa dami ng kinikita nyo, wala man lang ba kayong pang-libre ng green tea/ kahit anong tsaa sa mga customers nyo? eh ang Teriyaki Boy nga meron eh!

Pictures will be uploaded soon care of my foodie boss.

But props to LITTLE TOKYO in Amorsolo, where I have my fill of the best Japanese food in Metro Manila (opinyon ko lang yon). I told you I was there with a friend two days ago right? The best takoyaki, kakigori (shaved ice with azuki beans), okonomiyaki (japanese savory pancakes), yakitori/sashimi/tempura can be found there.

Yeah they even have this Shinto gate thing going on at the entrace. Photo by http://www.metromaniladirections.com/


Will conquer Chinatown in 12 hours. :)

In lieu of my very East-Asian week, I'm recommending this video for your entertainment. Those Japs, they're really funny/crazy/cute/weird/really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment