Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First update

In the middle of report-rushing, Facebook-updating, recipe-searching, I had, what it seems, the most profound (yet nonsensical) idea of starting a blog, the factors of which are as follows:

1. I was inspired by a high school literature mentor's successful venture into the world of online word.
2. Working for a certain PR agency that espouses Online Marketing and given the task to form a blogger database, this is an attempt at "getting to know" what I am supposed to be steeped in. Ehem, this is for WORK. (repeat: ehem).

Although, I am not quite sure what to blog about. Reasons being:

1. My days are mundane.

Well, not really. Even if my days are uninteresting I always try to find a way to squeeze in something new: to purposefully find something "interesting" each day. Call it some sort of an addiction, this "something new" mantra, but this is what actually keeps me sane.

2. I've always wanted to blog, in fact, I started several, but I ditched the idea of being read publicly altogether when I started receiving.... well, uh, certain feedback. Then there's the emotional side of me that just can't help but spill itself whenever I type in my thoughts. I know for a fact that blogs aren't supposed to be receptacles of whine-vomits, and I am whiny. Then there's the part where I stop writing altogether when I'm happy, because I'd rather live in those moments and I almost always can't find the words to describe the exhilaration/mutedpalpitations/endorphineoverload I get to experience whenever nice things happen. Then, I am incoherent. My thoughts are usually disjointed, full of expletives. Also, I am best served "in person" (def: you need to meet me to really understand me). Plus I'm not interesting enough, not insightful enough, not creative enough, etc etc.

(see I'm whining already)

I've noticed that the blogs that garner most attention are the food blogs, especially those with really good photos. But I am not a good cook; I occasionally churn out "average"-tasting food, mostly replicas of the many colorful and other-wise exceptionally superb recipes found online. I also do not own a camera (I'd rather pose than take pictures, but if handed an SLR/point-and-shoot/DSLR I'd be snap-happy) so I, for the life of me, do not know how to make this space worthy of some sort of readership. I also have normal taste for fashion, and I do not have the resources/patience to blog about and actually buy/scour many of obviously sartorial choices available far and wide. I am no techy. I am not business-savvy either.

So what to blog?

Oh well. back to regular programming (aka report-rushing). 

5 comments:

  1. hey sheenz! welcome to blogger!

    you dont need to post anything interesting, sikat ka na e. lol. miss my you lil bitch! :P

    ~ayz here

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! VERY FIRST COMMENT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY YOU MADE ME! haha!


    hi ayz wow im so excited about this thing! i dont know how to work the layout thingy here. i remember my emo blogs in livejournal before, the ones with custom-made backgrounds, the ones i play with for my html sessions :)) i miss you! :) how do i add you to the blog-roll? better yet how to place a blog-roll?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be a regular reader :) I've always been a fan of your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay darel! may blog ka! yay! may 2 readers na ko! :) so happy! :) how do i follow people/ put them in a list beside my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for blogn! i have always loved to know what is goin on w/ u dear!!!

    -mimi

    ReplyDelete