Wednesday, November 3, 2010

you cannot deny what you need when you find yourself googling this at 2:08 in the morning

No, I am not sad. I am just really tired.

  • No, I am not about to post my repertoire of misery. That would be losing the point of making this into an interesting blog (interesing is equal to not spilling the contents of your emotional grocery bag in public: life's lemons, sour-grapes, apples-of-ones'-blind-eyes [might be an exception], salty tears, blood, sweat). 
  • A lot of things have been going on lately and I haven't found the time nor that spark of creativity plug, so its been quiet here. 
  • And I need a real human hug, it has been so long (I've let at least 2 months pass by without a tight hug, OH MY GOODNESS that is so not right) and since there's no human in sight (well, within 10 meter radius, at least), I had the craziest idea to find myself  a HUG MACHINE. Or build myself one. Yes. At TWO IN THE MORNING.

So I typed that thing there in Google and I found this.

No, that is not something from FunnyorDie.com nor from any of those joke sites. There, my friend, is the LEGIT THING: it is from Carnegie Mellon University. Yes, the Ivy League.

Apparently, this is the thing that I've only heard from my NCLEX reviews (yes back when I still had dreams of pursuing Psychiatric Nursing full-time [oh, you didn't know? Yep, I'm an RN. UST Nursing '07 but I'm in PR now]). This is for people with Autism. Helps calm them down, this Hug Machine does.

I got a whole lot of blog topics lined up. A shame I dont have much pics to go with them [EHEM CAMERA DONATIONS. EHEM.] Will write about them soon.

To drive my point home further (about my intense need for a hug [greater than the desire to open the fridge mid-dawn]), I even typed it into YouTube:


Oh, me and my intense fascination with the Windows 7 Sniping Tool made this possible.

And got this funny video:



Yes, even if I do not qualify as a "man", I'd take this any given day. Heck, I'd take any kind of hugs today. (Yes, ANY).

4 comments:

  1. I feel you. There comes a time for us to feel we need a tight squeeze especially during those gloomy days. Though we may not see each other anymore here's from me to you: >:d<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give you a hug!!! :) Btw, that hug machine is pretty cool. I should recommend that to our school. We just wrap the kids in a mattress, pretty much like a lumpia to calm them down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think d hug dispenser wud b gud for ppl hu hav anxiety attacks or cryn spells as well. sad to hear ur nt getn a tight hug in a yl. i wish i cud giv u 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.chill out sheena. this is the stuff champions are made of! :)

    ReplyDelete